The true story of a Canadian conscripted into the Soviet Red Army in 1941, Army of Worn Soles is coming out in e-book and print formats on June 22, 2014, the anniversary of the opening of Operation Barbarossa, Hitler’s Germany’s invasion of the USSR.
A memoir in novel form, it’s my third full-length book to be published. As you can imagine, I’m very excited about it. And I’m also thrilled to have enlisted the support of a group of prominent bloggers and wonderful people.
They’re supporting the release with a blog tour that begins one week in advance of the tour and ends one week after. Each one will present a short excerpt from the book.
On the trail of the clues
And if you follow the whole tour, pick up the clues and answer the skill-testing question at the end, I’ll send you a free e-copy of Army of Worn Soles, plus enter you in a draw for a free print copy and a $50 Amazon gift card.
Start checking the blog tour, and follow every day.
The tour dates
- Sunday, June 15: Dawn Torrens’ My Books & I… blog
- Monday, June 16: Gary Henry’s HonestIndie
- Tuesday, June 17: David C. Cassidy’s blog
- Wednesday, June 18: Cinta Garcia de la Rosa’s Indie Authors You Want to Read
- Thursday, June 19: Frederick Lee Brooke’s Author Unplugged
- Friday, June 20: RS Guthrie’s Rob on Writing
- Saturday, June 21: Writer CR Hiatt’s site
- Sunday, June 22: Back here on Written Words and on a special mystery page to be announced that day
- Monday, June 23: Rebekah Lynn’s Books blog
- Tuesday, June 24: Michael Lorde’s Fantastical Reads blog
- Wednesday, June 25: BestSelling Reads’ Win-a-Book Wednesday—two chances to win!
- Thursday, June 26: Wodke Hawkinson’s Find a Good Book to Read blog
- Friday, June 27: Seb Kirby’s New Words for New Times
- Saturday, June 28: Michelle Chiapetta’s The Chipper Muse
- Sunday, June 29: On Gae-Lynn Woods' The Big Heat
- Monday, June 30: Back to Written Words for the wrap-up.
At the end of each excerpt on the tour will be a clue word. String them together then unscramble them to make a coherent message, and you’ll qualify for the Grand Prize: A signed paperback copy plus a $50 Amazon gift certificate. Copy the full answer into the Comments section of this blog. I’ll draw one winner from the correct answers.
Early bird prizes: Enter a comment on each blog on the tour on the day the excerpt goes live, and I’ll enter your name in the draw for one of five signed paperbacks.
Everyone who correctly unscrambles the sentence at the end of the tour will win a free e-copy of Army of Worn Soles, PLUS an e-copy of my first book, The Bones of the Earth.
Save the date in your calendar: visit Dawn’s My Books & I … early on June 15, and keep following the tour!