I have also been remiss about participating in two games of blog tag. I’ve been tagged by Barbara McDowell, http://writenowlife.wordpress.com/, and Sher Hart of http://www.sherahart.com/sf-writers-fancies-blog.html, who generously gave me a “Versatile Blogger Award.” Thanks, Sher!
Of course, there’s always a price. In this case, I have to write seven random things about myself, then pass it on to four other bloggers. Here are the seven:
1. I got hooked on writing when I was very young, like around the fourth grade or so. It was through Composition class, when I discovered that anyone could make up stories. So I did. I like the process of writing as well as having written.
2. I always try to be different in my writing. I do not like clichés. In my stories, the main characters never fit into a mold or stock character.
3. I like to travel. When I get to a new city or town, I love just to walk around for a couple of hours and poke into out of the way places. I like museums and such, but I also like just looking at neighbourhoods and sitting in a cafe or restaurant.
4. I may have undiagnosed ADD. And I love pie. And you know what bugs me? People who don’t finish what they start to say ... oh, wait, I have to check my Twitter account.
5. I’m not as funny as I think I am.
6. I drink too much coffee. But I’m not addicted. WHERE’S MY COFFEE?
7. I never read forms carefully enough.
There. Seven random things about me, for the Versatile Blogger Award. I have to come up with three more for another blogging tag game . Barbara McDowell, of writerolife.wordpress.com, wants me to write 10 random things about myself.
8. I often stay later at work than I have to.
9. I don’t fix things when I should. Now the warranty’s expired! Ohtenose!
10. I find Facebook frustrating.
There. Now, to tag a bunch of other bloggers. Get into it, pass it on, it helps raise our profiles! At least among other writers and bloggers.
Bloggers who deserve to follow this include:
James Wallace Birch, author of Discontents and the Posterous blog: http://dttla.posterous.com/
Joe Crubaugh, author of satirical Cleo Matts thrillers: http://joecrubaugh.com/blog/
Cheryl Sonnier’s “Off wi’ the fairies”: http://offwithefairies.blogspot.com/
Sherry Davis Zander’s “Writing 4 Effect” http://writing4effect.wordpress.com/
Consider yourself tagged!